Here at Brisbane North Junior Cricket Association (BNJCA) we realise the vital positive contribution that involvement in an active, skills based, team sport can have on modern youth. This is particularly important for girls as they transition through the stages of development from childhood to adolescence and onwards to become young adults.
The benefits of playing cricket include:
- Physical activity;
- Skills development and acquisition;
- Learning team work;
- Developing interpersonal skills;
- Self confidence;
- Making new friends.
Therefore BNJCA has made girls cricket a priority area and developed a 3 phase approch to encourage girls to get involved in cricket:
1. Establishing All Girls Cricket Competitions for girls aged 7 to 15;
2. Conducting Girls ONLY Cricket Programs and Camps;
3. Enhancing the pathway for girls aged 5 – 15.
As a part of this commitment we have set the goal of 1 in every 3 Junior players across Brisbane North being female by the start of the 2022/23 season.
“1 in 3 by 2023”